Did you know…
Now I write, edit, and blog.
I also help others turn their e-books into print books.
And I provide advice to others through coaching.
But prostitution earned me more money than blogging. Or teaching.
However, now my days are structured differently.
And I love them.
We All Have Skeletons
You probably have a story about your past that you’re not proud of.
In fact, almost everyone does.
But… do you own it?
Do you tell others about it, or do you keep it hidden, praying no one ever finds out?
I’m Open and Honest… and Gutsy!
I’m probably the gutsiest person I know.
Who else do you know that openly admits to being raped, doing drugs, and getting involved in prostitution?
Likely, no one.
I’m Proud of Who I Am
I finally learned to be proud of my past.
Because it has made me who I am today.
I “Tell-All” in a Podcast Interview
I was recently interviewed by David Ralph from Join Up Dots.
In the podcast interview, I mention:
- that I quit school four times
- that I was raped
- why I thought it was my fault (19:01)
- that I sought counselling (19:27)
- that I turned to drugs and prostitution
- that I got pregnant twice and had one abortion
- that I brought my rapist to court (23:33)
- that I gave my son to my friend to foster for a yearv (29:51)
- that I quit teaching to return to prostitution because the money was better (begins at 30:52, ends at 33:07)
- how and why I lost contact with my son for three years (41:52)
- how I nearly died
- what my big turning point was (42:12 – 47:35)
- that I re-connected with my son
- how re-uniting with my son changed my life
- why life is not always about money (52:50)
- the biggest compliment my son ever gave me (52:01)
- how I became an author and entrepreneur
… and so much more. I also recite something special at 103:53.
Have a listen to it.
Get to know me better.
Perhaps you’ll learn how to be more courageous in your life, too.
Leave David a Review?
Afterwards, if you can, please leave David a reveiw on iTunes.
How I Pass On My Message
I use my book, Risky Issues, to help pass on my motivational message. This book is now part of the Thunder Bay Public Library, AND it’s being sold in one of the local bookstores!
BUY Risky Issues from Amazon or CreateSpace.
Share Your Skeletons
I’d love to know if you have the guts to share some of the skeletons in your closet.
Do so in the comments! I won’t judge you. I promise.