Last Updated on: January 16th, 2017
I am a certified English teacher (see my credentials) and have the ability to make your writing perfect.
Types Of Editing Available from Wording Well
- Copy editing and line editing. These types of editing deal with sentence formation and details, including grammar, sentence and paragraph structure, fact-checking, continuity, and punctuation.
- Proofreading. This the final stage of editing and involves a close review of everything to catch mistakes that were missed or introduced by the other editing stages, such as typos or homonyms that were used incorrectly.
Developmental editing deals with the big picture: character development, plot structure, and gaps that need to be filled. (Note: Wording Well only offers this particular service in certain genres.)
Because I am only ONE person, and my editing services are limited to non-fiction, and certain fiction genres, I’d like to guide you to this complete list of editors who specialize in different areas.
An editor and a writer need to be a good fit for one another!
My editing rates for blog posts:
Line/Copy Editing and Proofreading services*:
- $20 per post for posts up to 999 words (flat rate)
- $30 per post for posts that contain 1000-1499 words (flat rate)
- $36 per post for posts that contain 1500-1999 words (flat rate)
- $43 per post for posts that contain 2000-2499 words (flat rate)
Anything longer than that should be considered an ebook! 😉
My editing rates for projects longer than 2500 words (such as e-books):
Line/Copy editing and proofreading (combination of both services):
$0.02 per word = $2.00 for 100 words
= $200.00 for 10 000 words
= $400.00 for 20 000 words
= $600.00 for 30 000 words
= $800.00 for 40 000 words
= $1600.00 for 80 000 words
= $1800.00 for 90 000 words
= $2000.00 for 100 000 words
Please note that I will not edit science-fiction or fantasy, but can recommend the Mercenary Proofreader for those genres, as they are Thomas Weaver’s specialties. For developmental edits, I can recommend any one of several other editors I know that specialize in that type of editing.
Payment Policy for Editing Services
I accept payments in US dollars using the PayPal system, which is safe, secure, and free to use. It does not require an account and accepts credit cards.
Most orders will require a 50-100% up-front payment. Some orders, depending on the amount of words to be edited, can be split into either three or four payments, with one-third or one-quarter of the payment made up-front.
Note that I reserve the right to change these prices at any time, to be more in accordance with the one suggested by the Editorial Freelancers Association.
Be sure to check out my Testimonials page to see what others are saying about me!