Last Updated on: January 1st, 2017
Do you want to become an author?
I can help you become an author by:
* creating relevant digital or print books for your business (which you can either give away for free on your site as an incentive to gain more subscribers OR sell on Amazon, Selz, or elsewhere).
* turning your digital books into print books (see below for more information).
I’ve already helped others do these things!
By going through a detailed process.
Here are the steps, in order.
How to Become an Author (with my help)
Create a Digital Book
This is the easy part. 😉
1. Decide upon a topic for the book.
2. Write the book.
3. Edit the book.
4. Create a cover for the book.
I can help you with each of these steps.
My rates vary, depending on what you want me to do.
My writing rates can be found here. (You can purchase this services on that page, too!)
My editing rates can be found here. (You can purchase this services on that page, too!)
Because I’m not a graphics designer, you will need to hire a pro designer to do this part of your book for you. I can, however, recommend a few awesome people you can use.
NOTE: If you plan on selling your book on Amazon or CreateSpace, you need to make sure the book must be long enough to do so. The minimum page length for books is 24 pages that are 5 x 8″ in size.
Turn Your E-book into a Print Book
There is a bit to the process of turning a digital book into a print book, but it can be done!
I personally use CreateSpace to help others become self-published authors, but you can choose any POD (print on demand) company.
Self-publishing through CreateSpace is easy, overall, but involves many steps, various costs, and a fair bit of time, usually one to one-and-a-half months. The great thing about self-publishing is that it allows you to have control over each aspect of your book.
We’d each have our own responsibilities to carry out during the process, too.
YOU would be responsible for:
- creating your account.
- filling out your taxation information.
- setting up your distribution channels once all book files have been proofed and approved.
- determining the selling price of your book.
- Obtaining an appropriate ISBN (International Standard Book Number) for your book, which you must do on your own. US residents can choose to buy ISBNs for their books, or get a free one assigned from CreateSpace. Learn more here. All ISBNs are free to Canadian citizens. Learn more here.
- Designing your own cover (or paying someone else to do this).
- Providing me with all files related to your book.
To turn the book into a print book, there are several different things that need to be done that I can help you with.
I would be responsible for:
1. Formatting your text
COST: $75 for a 5 x 8″ book, $125 for any other size
TIME: 3-7 days
2. Formatting your cover image (CreateSpace wants a print-ready PDF that includes the front and back cover together, along with measurements for the book spine)
COST: $80, as I work with a special graphics artist to make this happen. (You just pay me once for this, and I pay her.)
TIME: 3-14 days
3. Proofing the final copy.
All files need to be uploaded separately and then the book needs to be proofed, physically, which means ordering a proof copy of the book once the book files have been approved by CreateSpace and then making any needed corrections. This is a necessary part of the process, since the way things look on the computer ARE NOT always how they ACTUALLY look.
COST: $120, which covers the copy of the book as well as the time it takes to proof the book
TIME: 2-3 weeks
What I would need is:
1. a copy of the text file, preferable in Word. I’d also need to know which font you want to use in your book. Times New Roman and Arial are the most popular choices.
2. Your existing cover image.
3. Your CreateSpace login information (if you want me to do upload your files for you).
4. The ISBN number of your book.
Payment Policy for Author Assistant Services
I accept payments in US dollars using the PayPal system, which is safe, secure, and free to use. It does not require an account and accepts credit cards.
Your Next Steps
1. Check out my Testimonials page to see what others are saying about me!
2. Use the email given on my Contact page to reach me so that I can begin helping you become an author! 🙂
3. Buy now! Then email me at [email protected] (this is my favorite email address, as I LOVE gmail) and let me know what you need. Be sure to tell me you paid me, too! (The notification from PayPal goes to my other email address, [email protected] .)