Last Updated on: February 5th, 2018
Ever since I posted “Post Your Links Here To Promote Yourself and Your Blog!”, I have met quite a few new people, and gained some new readers. Some of these readers don’t know that I’ve already been the recipient of several awards, including the Shine On Award and the Liebster award, and so I’ve recently received another nomination for the latter, from Robert Price, who is the blogger at “From A Clogged Mind.” Thanks Robert!
I decided to accept this award again because:
- Robert was nice enough to nominate me for it 🙂
- I believe in paying it forward
- other bloggers deserve the chance to meet new people, which is basically the whole point of these memes 🙂
- I have been bookmarking blogs that I could nominate, and now I have the chance to present them with this award! (I kinda knew that I’d be nominated for an award again, not to sound vain, but I am awesome, so why wouldn’t someone nominate me?) 🙂
So, here goes…
RULES FOR NOMINEES
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 1000 followers for the award.
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. Go to each bloggers site and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
For a more comprehensive list rules, you can read this post.
- I have a very sweet tooth.
- I love 80s hard rock music.
- I had an abortion when I was 16.
- I had a baby at age 18, and kept him!
- I no longer have any grandparents left.
- I like cats and small dogs, but am allergic to cats.
- I have done drugs before. (Who hasn’t?)
- I don’t do drugs anymore. I feel better, too, now that I’m “clean”.
- I weighed almost 9 pounds when I was born.
- I like murder mysteries, and dislike romance novels, although I have read a few Harlequin Mystery-Romance novels and enjoyed them.
- I sometimes wish that I was a guy.
Here are the 11 Questions that Robert asked me, with my answers:
1. Who has had the biggest influence on you? My rapist. You didn’t say positive influence, so I’m going with the negative one. Sorry.
2. Was writing something you fell into? I have always loved reading and writing. I have literally been writing since I was 5.
3. What is your favorite movie? Hmm. “Titanic” was pretty amazing. I still can recall that I saw it with my ex-boyfriend in the movie theater when it first came out. It was very strange walking outside into the real world afterwards. I am not a big movie-goer, but I remember this one the best.
4. What is your favorite TV show? This is a toss-up between Criminal Minds, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Baggage! I also like CSI, sometimes.
5. If you could do anything over again, what would it be? Since you said anything… I think I would re-do my weight gain. Years ago, I lost about 80 pounds or so, and looked fantastic. Then, I quit exercising and started eating sugars, and put even more weight on. I hate myself for that, and now I am so big that I really hate the way I look. However, I still eat and now I don’t exercise at all.
6. Do you listen to some form of music that gets you really psyched? Sometimes. I’m not big into music, even though I know it makes me feel good when I listen to it. Hmm. Maybe I should change this!
7. Do you speak a second language? No, although I like the Spanish language. It’s beautiful. My son is half-Spanish, and so I took a college course in conversational Spanish when he was young. If you don’t practice speaking another language on a regular basis, you forget. I have forgotten most of what I learned.
8. Coke or Pepsi? Neither. But if I was forced to pick, I’d choose Coke. I like Diet A&W Root Beer, Diet Orange Crush, Mountain Dew, and Iced Tea. Colas just don’t do it for me.
9. What is your favorite time to write? At night. I am a nighthawk.
10. Do you have a favorite sports team? HA! I don’t really like or watch any sports at all. I enjoy watching gymnastics and ice-skating, though.
11. What would you consider a romantic gift or gesture? The most romantic thing I can think of is a date in which the other person made me a candle-lit dinner, with red roses gracing the table in a crystal vase, with soft music in the background, a nice wine to drink, followed by a scented candle-lit soak in a hot-tub and a massage afterwards! (We all know what most massages lead to…!)
The 11 Questions for my nominees are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your biggest dream/goal?
- Who is the one person, living or dead, that you’d like to speak with?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Do you get nervous when you meet a new person?
- What do you like best about life?
- Who influences you?
- What is your favourite book?
- What are your views on social media?
- If you could earn money at any job, what what would that job be?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
And the nominees are… more than only 11 since I didn’t know who to short-list!
1. fairiesangelsnurses by Mary Anne Massaro – This is a link to one of her awesome poems!
2. Cat from Fervour & Forever who wrote about my friend, Christy Birmingham from Poetic Parfait
9. Dan from Break Free
10. Susan from Finding Our Way Now
11. Donna Jean from her blog, Donna Jean McDunn
12. Purple Rays
13. Kris from Life Learning Today
14. Rethinking Life
I also have some news…I have moved my poetry blog over to WordPress! Please take a minute to visit Poetry Perfected and let me know what you this of my “new” blog! Thanks! If you’re just not into poetry, that’s okay; you can still leave me a comment! 🙂